Memory Book Company is serious about our impact on the environment, and we have processes in place to reduce the amount of waste produced at the plant.
- Waste and paper coming from the plant is recycled.
- Paper is purchased from mills that follow sound environmental practices
- The forests are replanted as the trees are cut down.
- Our job setup procedures require images to be printed on the smallest sheet of paper possible to reduce waste.
- Yearbooks are printed with inks containing vegetable oil content. Memory Book ink is certified by the Iowa Soybean Association.
- The facility does not put any chemicals in the waste water.
- The yearbooks produced can be recycled by the end user (depending on cover enhancements).
- Yearbook proofs for certain design programs are sent via email or through the FTP site which saves on paper, ink, and shipping envelopes.
- Proofs for all covers are sent electronically.